WHY SOFT-WASH IS THE SUPERIOR ROOF CLEANING METHOD
Power washing a roof can cause long term damage and void the warranty of your roofing shingle. Let’s approach this as an infection rather than a stain.
Never pressure wash a roof! Pressure washing an asphalt roof shingle can damage the shingle and does not solve the problem. A dirty looking roof is most likely suffering from an infection of algae, moss and/or lichen. We must achieve a 100% kill ratio on every cell of algae and every root of moss. Anything less than a complete sterilization is an attempt in vein, like going against a doctors recommendation and taking less than a fully prescribed treatment of antibiotics. We all know what happens if we don’t complete a full bottle of prescribed antibiotics. We get sick all over again and the infection comes back worse and more resistant.
Asphalt shingle, slate roof cleaning and cedar roof cleaning can be performed without using a pressure washer. Our approach to this problem is not necessarily to clean your roof, but rather to solve an infection. A clean roof is merely a by-product of solving the infection. Blasting high pressured water will not sterilize the roof and solve the infection. Power washing a roof can potentially wash away large amounts of roofing granules and shorten the life of the roof.
ROOF CLEANING – DONE THE RIGHT WAY
Thompson Roof Cleaning & Power Washing follows the strict guidelines outlined by all major roof shingle manufactures. We never scrub, scrape or pressure wash a roof. We offer a simple approach to solving the infection of algae and moss.
WHAT’S IN THE ROOF CLEANING SOAP?
Let’s have a conversation about the use of bleach on a roof. We will try to answer the major concerns pertaining to the using a bleach based soap. Most of our clients have no issue on the matter. But even we wish there was some other magical solution to cleaning a roof, but there isn’t. Bleach based soaps work. They solve the infection and leave behind no residual toxicity. A fun fact: The largest purchasers of sodium hypochlorite are local municipalities. They put SH into your tap water to keep it sterile. It is also used in swimming pools and gym saunas. Using a bleach based soap is what allows us to clean a roof without using a pressure washer. If a roof cleaning contractor is not using bleach to clean a roof, they are using a pressure wash method. Theres is no in between. Bleach or pressure wash. Only one is endorsed by the manufacturer, and pressure wash is not it. Any other method or product other than bleach can damage the shingle and void the warranty.
We clean roofs by applying a safe biodegradable detergent that instantly kills moss, mold and algae. After applying the treatment anything that is alive will not be alive once we are done. Power washing with high pressure water does not create sterilization. When a hospital wants to sterilize there facilities they use a proper disinfecting detergent. When you want to sterilize your kitchen counter for cooking you spray on the proper disinfecting spray. Same goes for your roof. A completely sterilized roof will remain clean for a considerable amount of time. That’s why each full roof treatment comes with a pro-rated 5 year warranty, in writing. Every roof is covered in full years 1-3. Roofs are than prorated 50% original cost. This allows you to maintenance the roof at a discounted rate should the need arise.
OUR ROOF CLEANING GALLERY
TRUST THOMPSON ROOF CLEANING
As you search for roof cleaning contractors you will find some companies offering plant friendly, bleach free, or other feel good term type of roof cleaning. They claim to use a low pressure power washing procedure. These are the companies that offer 2 year warranties at best. That’s because they treat the problem like a stain. The are using a pressure washer to blast away the stains. Yes, it will appear clean but it won’t be sterile. You will not be able to see with the naked eye microscopic residue left behind
When using a pressure washer to remove moss it will only remove what’s at the top and not the root. You can be sure with a pressure washing process the stain will return rather quickly. Remember: Clean is a perception. Clean does not mean sterile. Just like gas station sushi can appear sterile until you eat it and wind up in the emergency room.
We approach the stain as an infection. We create a 100% sterile surface. You can be sure the roof remains stain free for an extended period of time. This goes also for asphalt roofs, cedar roofs, slate roofs, cement and tile roofs. With our roof cleaning service you can expect:
- Removal Of Unwanted Pests – A roof with moss, mold, lichen and black stains cannot reflect sunlight. This creates higher attic temps and increased cooling costs in the summer. Not to mention these organisms are literally eating your roof. This is why we treat the problem like “pest control”.
- Efficient & Safe Service – The detergent is applied using a pressure no greater than 65 psi, which is a pressure equivalent to most pressures of a garden hose. We guarantee a 100% kill ratio of roof growths such as mold, moss, algae, and gleocapsa magma (which is the strand that causes those ugly black stains on an asphalt roofing shingle).
- Lower Energy Costs – When you compare the cost of premature roof replacement and the increased electricity bills with the cost of treating a roof, you will quickly see that it IT PAYS!
WE OFFER SUPERIOR ROOF CLEANING SERVICE!
When all possible, we try never to step foot on the roof. We make every attempt to treat all roofs from the gutter line.
We provide a ground man for every job to keep landscapes and surrounding thoroughly watered to ensure all areas are unaffected should overspray become an issue. Gutter downspouts are bagged to collect any runoff.
Our roofing detergents are rapidly biodegradable. When the roof soap dries it becomes inert and harmless.
A FREE ESTIMATE IS A PHONE CALL AWAY
- Request a copy of our liability and/or workers compensation insurance. We will gladly send a copy to your home or business by fax or mail.
- We will take the time to explain each job and offer the most effective and affordable solution for your situation.
- Every job, big or small, is as important as the next. After each roof treatment a Customer Care Center Representative examines every job.
- We never ask for payment before the job is complete.
- Every roof cleaning comes with a 5 Year Spot Free Warranty. This warranty is standard and is fully explained on every invoice.
- We have 3 fully stocked mobile cleaning trucks to handle any job, any size, any time.
- Since 1996 we have serviced New Jersey for exterior cleaning needs. Feel confident knowing we’ll be here next year should you need us.